By joining Green Light’s Garden Club, you will gain access to the full bounty of our Edible Teaching Garden. Join the club to support access to local food for all New Orleanians!
Green Light’s Edible Teaching Garden has two sections. The front section is part of our edible city project. Anyone in the neighborhood or passing by can harvest the vegetables and herbs in this open garden section.
The back section is fenced in and only accessible during “Open Garden” hours and for classes. Garden Club members are welcome to stop by and harvest from the fenced in area during “Open Garden” hours.
How does it work?
- bring a bag and scissors
- we will teach you how to harvest
- you find more information about what is ready to harvest on our website
- you will find updated information about our weekly “Open Garden” hours on our website
- ALWAYS wash your produce 3 times at home
What you get:
- Fresh vegetables and herbs
- connection to a community project that provides fresh food for all. Your support makes the Community Area (the front section of the garden) possible for everyone.
What is the cost?
- Memberships are $20 per month. We are limited to 20 club members, and we are currently accepting new members!
How can I join the Garden Club?